This guide will walk you through a swap transaction using the Proton Swap website and the WebAuth.com Wallet (Android and iOS).
- You will need to create an account and complete verification, depending on your country of residence.
- You need to have a balance in one of the supported cryptocurrencies.
- Navigate to Protonswap.com.
- Open your WebAuth.com wallet on your mobile device and tap the 'Swap' at the top.
- A new page will pop up. Back on the web page, click on ‘Connect Wallet’ in the top right corner of the screen. Select 'Mobile Wallet' to bring up the QR Code that will connect your WebAuth wallet to Proton Swap Web.
- In the WebAuth.com wallet, tap on the dashed square button on the bottom toolbar to bring up the QR Scanner.
- Use the scanner to scan the QR code on the web page and tap ‘Authorize’ in the WebAuth.com wallet.
- Great! You’re now logged into Proton Swap using the Proton Signing Request (PSR)! The funds in your wallet are now available to use in Proton Swap!
Next, we will complete a transaction inside Proton Swap:
- Select the cryptocurrency you would like to swap in the top window and select the cryptocurrency you want to receive in the bottom window.
- Enter the quantity and the exchange value received will be calculated automatically. Once you're ready to initiate the trade, click 'Swap".
ℹ️ You might have noticed that I only swapped 1 XPR which came to less than a penny. With Proton Swap, you don't have to worry about outrageous gas fees. You can even swap fractions of a penny!
- On the web page, a timer for 2 minutes will appear. Grab your mobile device and open the WebAuth.com wallet, tap ‘Authorize’, and authenticate before the 2 minutes expire.
- Success! Your swap settles instantly and best of all, you paid 0 gas fees!